The subconscious mind is part of the self-defense mechanism of the mind. Its function is to store unresolved traumatic events that may prevent us from functioning properly.
The subconscious mind cannot be easily penetrated.
The subconscious mind is a kind of virtual prison for traumatic unresolved events from our past. It has an immense impact on our health.
We tend to store traumatic events that have not been properly internalized in the subconscious mind.
- The events stored in the subconscious are not forgotten.
- The subconscious mind is a secret partition (difficult to break into) to which access is minimal.
- The question of what directs events to the subconscious mind is individual. A traumatic event for one is not necessarily a traumatic event for the others.
Why do unresolved traumatic events cause various illnesses and symptoms?
- Particularly traumatic events (in the eye of the beholder) have the ability to break through the defense system and get out, thus creating a partial paralysis at the site of the break-in. The emotional place where the breakup takes place has a lot of energetic momentum!
Irrational fears (phobias), autoimmune diseases, addictions, and even mental disorders are quite often the result of traumatic unresolved events from our past.
- A long list of physical, emotional, and even chronic illnesses are explained more rationally using tools that make use of the subconscious. But science refuses to use ancient techniques (Indian and Chinese medicine) that have tried to bind the body and mind! And thus, he misses an extraordinary opportunity.
- Even today, after serving in the army, I can run and shout at the sight of a large cockroach. The traumatic event happened when I was 5, my dad stepping through and squeezing a cockroach in my room. No rationale will help me. I'm terribly afraid of cockroaches! But in most cases, people are not at all able to reconstruct the traumatic event, which is a necessary condition for treating the problem.
- Prominent examples: Battle shock, stuttering, autoimmune diseases that break out at a young age, addictions, eating disorders, mental disorders all have a touch to past events stored in our subconscious.
Chinese and Indian medicine have tried to link the various organs, energy centers (chakras), and emotional vulnerability.
- I often present the maps of the chakras and meridians (energy channels) with the clear knowledge that this is not an in-depth and accurate analysis. Still, it is certainly applicable, usually also giving a fairly correct picture.
"To live is to have Qi in every part of your body.” To die is to be a body without Qi. For health to be maintained, there must be a balance of Qi."
The connection between the body, mind & spirit.
- The Chinese concept of Qi is not easily translated into Western thought. Although this connection is known for thousands of years, modern conventional medicine does not balance the body, mind & spirit.
- Not everyone knows acupuncture is an energetic treatment method that aims to balance life energy essential to a healthy life.