A brain disorder is a "malfunction" of natural mechanisms. There can be no fault in our body on such a scale! Therefore the cause of addictions is not a "brain disorder."
Nature works in a structured way, so it can be expected that all addictions of different kinds have a common denominator. The main difficulty in treating addictions stems from the ignorance of the causes of addictions, and therefore the treatment of addictions often fails! I recommend reading the first unifying model regarding addictions: The unified psycho-energetic model of all types of addictions and its unique reward mechanism.
All types of addiction - introduction.
Link: (The Dawnrehab.com)
What is the cause of addictions?
- Although addictions are a widespread phenomenon, there is no clear explanation of what causes the phenomenon; it explains why weaning treatments are unsuccessful.
What is the definition of addiction?
- Link: Addiction (Wikipedia) "Addiction is a brain disorder characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli despite adverse consequences." (Partial quote)
- Link what is addiction?: (American Psychiatric Association) "Addiction is a complex condition, a brain disease manifested by compulsive substance use despite harmful consequences."
- Although most definitions attribute addictions to a brain disorder, there is no uniform definition of addictions.
What is the prevalence of the phenomenon of addictions?
- Addictions are a widespread phenomenon; if we sum up the numbers, we will conclude that the total scope of all types of addictions reaches a vast percentage of a quarter to a third of the population!
What are the different types of addictions?
- The addictions tend to be often divided into 2-3 main groups. Addiction to substances such as drugs and alcohol. Or behavioral addiction such as eating, sex, and games. Sometimes a third category of the disorder is also added.
What is the reward mechanism that drives addictions?
- The reward mechanism of addiction bypasses logic and persuasion and causes damage to the addict and sometimes also to the environment, without the addict not being able to stop, even though they are aware of the damage! (A seemingly paradoxical situation that causes painful conflicts with the immediate environment)
Continue reading the entire article (Innovative approach): The unified psycho-energetic model of all types of addictions and its unique reward mechanism.