Several therapies I have performed without significant benefits: Homeopathy, Bach flower, Colloidal silver, Ozone therapy, and Colon irrigation.
I have experience in all the mentioned treatments. In this article, I present several pros and cons of the therapies: Homeopathy, Bach flower, Colloidal silver, Ozone therapy, and Colon irrigation. Many treatments whose benefits are questionable have been created due to the lack of a unified medical science philosophy that marks the boundaries of each therapy and its suitability to treat chronic diseases effectively.
Did homeopathy explain – Gentle Healing or Reckless Fraud?
Homeopathy is the most common alternative treatment.
Link: Homeopathy (Wikipedia)
The homeopathic treatment is based on my understanding of the placebo effect.
My homeopathy experience.
- My homeopathy therapist is a qualified doctor whom I met at a private clinic for patients in difficult situations. (Most of them were cancer patients.) The therapist was very attentive, kind, and empathetic. I went to his house several times for a very comprehensive question. After several attempts to take medicine specially formulated for me, I felt nothing! The subsequent attempts were with a more potent treatment, strangely at a much higher dilution. (Contrary to all the principles of chemistry) Finally, after several months of fruitless attempts, I stopped the homeopathic treatment.
Pros and Cons.
The great advantage of homeopathy is that it is painless, easy to perform, does not have any side effects, and does not require prior preparations. Its primary disadvantage is that without an explicit action mechanism, it cannot treat the causes of chronic diseases!
- The doctor's investigation was lengthy, thorough, and exhaustive.
- Easy treatment without pain or discomfort.
- No side-effects.
- Homeopathic treatment is suitable mainly for sedation and not appropriate for diseases of an obstructive nature.
- I have made four attempts with the most potent homeopathic remedies available - With no effects!
- The mechanism of action of the homeopathic method is unclear.
- It only works when the patient fully believes he is recovering from homeopathic treatment. (Placebo effect)
Bach flower remedies. (Method of homeopathic therapy)
The treatment method is named after an English homeopathic doctor named Edward Bach. The method is based on 38 plant extracts diluted with water and brandy extract. The concentration given is deficient and has no chemical-pharmacological significance. I believe Bach flowers (and homeopathy) are based on the placebo effect.
My Bach flower experience.
- I became acquainted with the Bach flower method with an acupuncturist (in Israel) who recommended I try it. Unlike acupuncture, which has a clear and immediate effect on Bach flowers, there was no reaction in my case.
The advantages and disadvantages are the same since the Bach flower method (at least to me) is reminiscent of homeopathy.
Colloidal silver water.
Drinking colloidal silver water.
I came across recommendations for colloidal silver water on several websites and tried it. I used huge quantities (dozens of bottles at a very high concentration) without significant benefit.
Pros and Cons.
- The silver ions solution seems to have an excellent ability to destroy pathogens.
- Silver in the body has relatively low toxicity. (Compared with other metals.)
- This is a symptomatic treatment that cannot eliminate the causes of the disease.
- Silver metal is not found in the human body naturally.
- Prolonged use of the accumulation of silver in the skin and tissues may have side effects. There is also a contradiction with several medications.
Ozon enriched blood therapy.
Ozone-enriched blood therapy (transfusions of ozone-enriched blood) and drinking ozone-enriched water.
A clinic of qualified physicians recommended ozone therapy. I treated both ozone blood transfusion and ozone-enriched water as part of the treatments. (Using a device I purchased at Amazon.)
Pros and Cons. Later, I also tried to drink ozone-enriched water (a device I bought on Amazon) without noticeable effects.
- Ozone (at reasonable doses) has no side effects because it is an unstable molecule that breaks down within minutes of oxygen.
- In theory, ozone can oxidize (destroy) various pathogens.
- I performed an ozone transfusion in massive amounts (dozens of) without significant benefit.
- Drinking and enemas of ozone-rich water did not yield any positive results.
- This is a symptomatic treatment that cannot eliminate the causes of chronic diseases.
- Very expensive.
Hydro-colonic treatment. (Colon irrigation)
Hydro-colonic treatments (Colonic irrigation) # Coffee enemas.
I have performed dozens of colon irrigations in a private clinic with no significant benefits.
Pros and Cons.
- In low-frequency use, there are no risks and no side effects.
- The device is connected to a sewage pipe that shows the body's waste - very visual.
- Emptying feces with residues accumulated in parts of the colon.
- Prolonged use may cause an imbalance in the body's electrolytes.
- Colon irrigation does not affect the small intestine and parts of the colon.
- This is a symptomatic treatment that cannot eliminate the causes of chronic diseases!
- Colon irrigation immediately affects colorectal emptying, seemingly while significantly decreasing weight. In practice, there is no long-term effect on weight.
Symptomatic treatments usually cannot cure chronic illnesses, as they cannot eliminate the disease's causes.
It is essential to emphasize that pathogens are not the cause of the disease in a chronic stage of any acquired chronic disease but only the catalyst. The cause of chronic diseases is a weak immune system.
- Recovery occurs only when the disease causes (mental & physical) are resolved and eliminated.
- The fact that I did not derive medical benefits from these therapies I reviewed is not the evidence.
- It is essential to ensure that you are treating the causes of the disease or at least strengthening the immune system with a transparent methodology.
I wish you a successful choice by eliminating the causes of your illness, not just alleviating the symptoms.
Homeopathy is a painless therapy; it can be performed anywhere without side effects and contraindications; its price is usually reasonable.