Lifestyle changes in chronic patients are often the result of accepting the need for change, along with hope for recovery.
We all have a denial mechanism that tries to preserve our way of life. Besides, in modern culture, preventive medicine is not assimilated as a cultural value. We usually find that we are sick only when there is chronic pain, prolonged discomfort, or other bothersome symptoms.
Having a chronic disease requires changes in lifestyle and nutrition. Usually, the answer is "YES." In most cases, chronic patients must change their dietary habits and lifestyle. Surprisingly, people often think they are eating healthy food, but a closer look reveals this is not the case. Stress, anxieties, and lack of leisure are routine phenomena for many people.
There are endless unnecessary stimuli in the modern world, which rob the leisure critical to a healthy lifestyle.
The mobile phone is the enemy of healthy living in the 21st century! We must all learn to curb its use to the bare minimum necessary. The use of social networks is meant to stimulate us to respond repeatedly.
- The various technologies require us to respond; the price is we are being enslaved! Everything that is not critical must be filtered out.
- In modern reality, people have very few real friends. Give up Facebook and the like (do not disconnect). Whoever wants your company will get you. Facebook friends are not "friends" but only acquaintances.
- The driving force of social networks (except messaging software) is the natural curiosity we all have. You will learn to catch up on phone calls from time to time. Nothing will happen even if you are not updated on the latest juicy gossip!
- Most people are not effective at managing time. It is essential to devote deep thought to the subject. Do not be afraid to make far-reaching changes.
Without leisure, relaxation, and time for rest, regular exercise, a healthy diet, romance, and sexual activity (for those who have a partner) is very challenging to recover.
Kübler-Ross model – Explains the behavior of personal loss.
Being sick for long periods is a personal loss. The five stages are Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance.
- Most chronic patients are in the first three stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining (Only applicable in life-threatening situations), Depression, and Acceptance. Recovery is achievable only during the acceptance phase and the hope.
- Look on YouTube at extraordinary recovery stories that seem impossible. You will find that the majority begin with the hope and belief that any illness can be cured, along with the internalization that active action is critical. (Passive strategy usually does not bring recovery from chronic diseases.)
Continue reading: Kübler Ross model – Explains the behavior of personal loss.
Breathing is a spontaneous but highly significant act of introducing vital energy to our body.
You will find many videos on how to breathe correctly. There are several breathing techniques and even pressure points of the lung meridian. Deep breathing has the ability to relieve certain pains, often temporarily.
- I recommend that people learn correct breathing in a yoga workshop or similar techniques. The ability to form important habits while watching videos on YouTube is often quite limited. Although breathing is a spontaneous action, regular breathing in inter-nostril techniques is quite complex to perform and requires practice.
- Walking in nature in the fresh air, especially after rain and especially after a lightning storm, when the air is charged with negative ions, is highly recommended.
Correct breathing is vital in relieving pain and tension and introducing vital energy into our bodies. A lifestyle change is usually necessary, and it is not enough to watch videos on the subject.
Leading A healthy lifestyle (mental and physical) is crucial in chronic patients.
One of the most significant difficulties is convincing patients with chronic diseases to switch to a healthier diet and lifestyle; the first step is the most challenging.
- Hard work often does not allow for free time, which is necessary for a healthy lifestyle. Studies show that a planned reduction in working hours usually does not harm productivity, sometimes even increases!
- In the modern age, managing a healthy lifestyle is a challenging task. Sharp changes in diet and lifestyle most often come after suffering and pain.
- Reducing the time devoted to the distractions created by social networks is highly recommended. A significant proportion of them are not essential and are a luxury for patients undergoing far-reaching changes in diet and lifestyle.
For the most part, working reasonable hours with effective time management increases productivity and allows free time, which is critical to maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle.
It is an excellent animated video depicting the modern lifestyle; everyone can interpret it differently. (3:27 m)
Proper nutrition has a significant impact on a healthy lifestyle.
Most chronic illness patients who correspond with me believe they have a reasonably healthy diet. It turns out that there are significant gaps between patients' perceptions of what a healthy diet is and the appropriate diet for their health.
The best diet is straightforward.
- The widest variety of all-natural food and beverages is beneficial to our health. (Unprocessed or industrialized and not genetically modified.)
- Much unprocessed natural food (preferably organic and not genetically modified) with all macronutrients and ingredients. Reduced quantities of animal protein, preferably grass-fed or organic range-free products. Much dietary fiber is mixed with natural oils & fats, enabling an effective emulsification process. Fermented products with natural live bacteria are essential for good health.
- Vegetables, fruits, seeds, sprouts, roots, legumes, mushrooms, beans, berries, and nuts should be very high-volume diet components.
Good eating habits.
- Avoid eating away from home, preferably taking home food to work and not buying outside.
- Chew well, take a break, and eat comfortably.
- Do not eat late at night.
- Intermittent fasting (not with zero calories) has many benefits.
- Fresh vegetables should be sprinkled with olive oil or other oils such as hemp or flaxseed.
- You should add a little fat with a higher melting temperature, such as coconut oil or Ghee butter, boiled or baked starches, or vegetables. (Although they are saturated fats.)
- Especially after a meal that includes animal protein (more difficult to digest), taking a short 20-30 minute walk at moderate speed is recommended. Walking helps the digestive processes.
We eat with all senses; filling the plate with a wide variety of vegetables with oils & spices is desirable. (Including aromatic salt.)
Continuous 7-hour night sleep is essential for tissue regeneration and immune-boosting.
- At night the body's systems are at rest. In particular, the digestive system and the liver are not active at night for digestive purposes and redirect essential resources for synthesizing proteins necessary for tissue regeneration and immune-boosting.
- Daytime sleep is not equivalent to nighttime; the hormone melatonin is secreted only during night sleep, which triggers tissue regeneration.
- A long day of sleep sometimes makes people go to bed very late and is not recommended.
- Light drowsiness, especially after meals, is natural and harmless.
Exercise (moderate) is essential for maintaining a healthy immune system.
Regular exercise is essential for the movement of lymph fluid, the second line of body defense.
- No very intense physical activity is required to achieve the immune effect. Walking, swimming, or cycling at low speeds will also accomplish the goal, provided they are regular.
- You should know that no strenuous activity is needed to lose weight!
- Men, in particular, must be aware that strenuous exercise for muscle-building increases the male hormone testosterone. (Which improves sexual performance) Among other things, this hormone affects the body's metabolism. Athletes who stop exercising uncontrollably may suffer from unwanted effects.
- If there is a choice between activities in nature or the gym, it is usually preferable to outdoor activities. The main advantage in the gym compared to exercise in the environment is mainly social.
Regular (age-appropriate) sexual activity is essential.
People (even young people) have much less sex in modern life with little free time!
- Sex with emotions charges life-force energy.
- Sexual activity manifests in the physical dimension, contributes to calmness and peace of mind, and enhances the sense of vitality.
- Sex, for the sake of venting alone, does not charge life-force energy; the opposite weakens it.
741 Hz Removes Toxins and Negativity, Cleanse Aura, Spiritual Awakening, Tibetan Bowls.
I recommend everyone to listen with their eyes closed in a quiet room while meditating on music at reputational frequencies.
- Listening to music while lying down with eyes closed, preferably in a dark and quiet room, is recommended. It is possible while meditating and guided imagery. Frequencies are ineffective if they do not penetrate the subconscious. You can find several recommended frequencies such as 432, 528, 741 Hz, and more if you search YouTube. The sounds are very soothing and pleasing.
- Link: The tremendous power of LOVE.
Dietary and lifestyle changes are difficult to make in the first stage. Significant personal empowerment is felt after adjusting to a healthy diet and lifestyle.