Surprisingly! - Processed foods are making us gain weight much faster than the same equal calories of natural foods.
Every food and beverage has two options for routing within the digestive system.
- To become available energy for immediate exploitation. (Or fat storage.)
- To be used for building tissues & long-term maintenance.
- The nutrients we eat & the calories they carry cannot disappear, but they can be redirected to other non-energy purposes.
- This process has tremendous significance for our overall health, for the overall appearance and for maintaining the optimal weight for our body.
The "Negative calories" hypothesis explained.
Macronutrients suitable & needed for regeneration or long-term maintenance processes are not "counted as calories."
- Nutrients suitable & needed for regeneration and long-term "maintenance" are emulsified.
- Better carried by dietary fiber. (The absorbance of the emulsified nutrients requires the exact types and amounts of gut bacteria.)
- The remainder goes into producing short-term energy and fat storage.
By adding moist dietary fiber and natural oils/fats or sauces, with good live bacteria, it might be possible to redirect the nutrients to other non-energy purposes
Continue reading: The "Negative calories" intake hypothesis.