Discussion: I am a 58-year-old Fibromyalgia patient. A naturopath recommended gluten-free foods to me. This is relatively expensive food. Is it healthier than food that contains gluten?

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. Fibromyalgia + Chronic fatigue syndrome.

I am a 58-year-old Fibromyalgia patient. A naturopath recommended gluten-free foods to me. This is relatively expensive food. Is it healthier than food that contains gluten?

It is recommended for fibromyalgia patients to consume low-gluten or gluten-free foods because grains containing gluten exacerbate the inflammatory effect of the intestines. Indeed, these are more expensive foods, as you mentioned.

Gluten is a protein found in most grains, giving them a crunchy taste. As it is called, Gluten is a type of "glue" that tends to stick to the walls of the intestines. When the intestinal walls become inflamed due to an imbalance in the intestinal flora, Gluten exacerbates the symptoms of inflammation. The digestive system is the primary internal system that is always non-sterile and has a high weight in its load on the immune system. I recommend gluten-free or low-gluten foods, but preferably from natural sources that are not industrialized or processed, such as quinoa, buckwheat, corn (not genetically engineered), teff, rye (low-gluten), basmati rice, legumes, sweet potatoes, non-grain vegetable flours.
May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree