Discussion: I was shocked by a conversation (not meant for my ears) of the pharmaceutical company with my attending physician. I did not hear the whole discussion, but it was clear that my physician was financially motivated!

1. Home
  2. FORUMS (TWENTY-ONE TITLES)
  3. Chronic kidney disease (CKD), including dialysis patients.

I was shocked by a conversation (not meant for my ears) of the pharmaceutical company with my attending physician. I did not hear the whole discussion, but it was clear that my physician was financially motivated!

Medical solicitation is familiar among most medical professionals, not just CKD patients.

Physicians' incentive for prescription drugs is widespread, seemingly contrary to the ethics rules, and circumvented in sophisticated ways. The doctor receives funding for conferences, trips, gifts, events, etc. In return, doctors aspire to provide the company's prescriptions. Medical campaigning is not outlawed and has no uniform and transparent rules. In cases where drug companies introduce a new drug, the rewards are even more generous! Is there a regulatory failure here? In my opinion, YES. Unfortunately, you will not find (to the best of my knowledge) primary legislation that prohibits this phenomenon.
May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree