Discussion: I have cirrhosis of the liver after hepatitis C, just like you. I am 54 years old, and I am being offered a liver transplant. Do I need to have the surgery?

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. Chronic liver diseases and cirrhosis.

I have cirrhosis of the liver after hepatitis C, just like you. I am 54 years old, and I am being offered a liver transplant. Do I need to have the surgery?

As I mentioned, there are only two options: liver transplantation and other self-healing therapies. Therefore, you will have to choose one of the two therapies. If you do nothing, you may find that you are severely ill! Each approach has advantages and disadvantages. The self-healing method's advantage is staying with your liver and gradually restoring your immune system. Still, it is a grueling physical and mental process that requires a lot of help from family and/or spouse. Without medical support, the patient and his environment must perform everything independently. A particularly challenging task that only a few accomplish.

Liver transplant surgery is a complex surgery, not without risks, very expensive, and has consequences on the quality of life for the rest of your life. I recommend you read the article in the attached link; it describes the liver's natural rehabilitation task. (body, mind, and spirit) in the self-healing method. It is essential to emphasize that this is a task that takes years.

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree