Discussion: I read a lot about CKD I suffer from online. Every time I come in with questions and suggestions for my attending physician, I feel reluctant! He even sent me one time when he got upset taking care of myself online. Is this a familiar phenomenon?

1. Home
  2. FORUMS (TWENTY-ONE TITLES)
  3. Chronic kidney disease (CKD), including dialysis patients.

I read a lot about CKD I suffer from online. Every time I come in with questions and suggestions for my attending physician, I feel reluctant! He even sent me one time when he got upset taking care of myself online. Is this a familiar phenomenon?

In the modern age, information is available to everyone. However, sometimes, the materials are difficult to understand for the average patient, with the intention that the information will be available mainly to doctors. In the last decade, when almost everyone has a smartphone, medical information is open, and many CKD patients come to their doctor with legitimate questions. The doctor in different cultures is perceived as knowing everything. Therefore, some doctors perceive the questions from the internet as a violation of their professional authority and are sometimes expressed in impatient statements. In my estimation, the scope of the phenomenon will only worsen. Excellent and confident doctors should not feel threatened but try to think of other directions while analyzing alternatives to those they know.

Link: Chronic kidney disease (CKD), including dialysis patients.
https://www.sf-healing.com/page/202 (Copy & Paste)
May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree