Discussion: The doctor forbade me to eat pizza, but I liked it. Are there any healthy pizza recipes suitable for IBD patients?

1. Home
  2. FORUMS (TWENTY-ONE TITLES)
  3. Crohn's disease, Ulcerative colitis, and IBS.

The doctor forbade me to eat pizza, but I liked it. Are there any healthy pizza recipes suitable for IBD patients?

Industrialized pizza is often unhealthy for many reasons (Not only for IBD patients). White flour is often rich in gluten. The oils added to the dough are sometimes hydrogenated vegetable oils, which are toxic to the body (they help extend the dough's shelf life). The pizza is usually puffed with industrial yeast that damages the intestinal flora. The tomato sauce is enriched with various chemicals; it contains sugar, salts, flavors, and stabilizers to maintain a long shelf life. The cheeses are often not cheeses at all but cheese substitutes. You can compile the recommended ingredients for a healthy pizza: Wholemeal flour and low gluten (or gluten-free) from this list of what not to eat. Adding oil or natural oils such as coconut oil (olive oil is not suitable for high temperatures) is permissible. It would help if you made the tomato paste from fresh tomatoes. It is advisable to use soft sheep or goat cheese (the fat percentage does not interfere). On top, you can add olives and chopped fruits, such as pineapple. It is not recommended to add meats or sausages. Homemade pizza in a brick or regular home oven is delicious and reasonably healthy.

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree