Discussion: I am a 40-year-old migraine patient and want to lose weight fast. A dietitian recommended me the ketogenic diet. Do you recommend this diet?

1. Home
  2. FORUMS (TWENTY-ONE TITLES)
  3. Migraines are unbearable pain.

I am a 40-year-old migraine patient and want to lose weight fast. A dietitian recommended me the ketogenic diet. Do you recommend this diet?

A ketogenic diet is not recommended for patients suffering from migraines. The ketogenic diet is an inflammatory diet unsuitable for migraine patients; it may cause accelerated weight loss in the short term but will aggravate the symptoms and pain of migraines.

The name of the diet is derived from "ketones." Ketones are an energy source byproduct of the breakdown of fats. The ketogenic diet was initially used to treat children with epilepsy. In recent years, it has gained tremendous momentum as an effective weight-loss diet. The question is whether it is a healthy long-term diet.

The ketogenic diet is not recommended in the long term. Listed below are the main reasons:

Fats and proteins can produce vital energy for a body, but this comes at the cost of a heavy load on the kidneys and liver, which are forced to remove decomposition products such as ammonia, uric acids, urea, and ketones.
Potential side effects may include constipation, high cholesterol, growth slowing, acidosis, and kidney stones.
We also eat through the eyes, with 75% of the calories from fats and oils. The volume of the food looks low compared to carbohydrate foods.
A ketogenic menu usually contains very high amounts of animal foods that are primarily industrialized. (Meat, fish, dairy products, eggs.)
Industrialized & processed foods have far-reaching adverse effects on the human body, including diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, etc.
Some foods in the ketogenic diet contain trans fats, which create high body toxicity.
Reducing the variety of foods consumed does not allow the body to get all the nutrients it needs (Antioxidants, minerals, enzymes, electrolytes).
The ketogenic diet mimics starvation, initially achieving a significant weight loss, subsequently inhibited.

Link: The balanced-varied diet is the most suitable anti-inflammatory diet.
https://www.sf-healing.com/page/170 (Copy & Paste)

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree