Discussion: I'm a chronic liver patient and quite overweight. The GP told me that lean people are healthier. I'm not convinced he's right.

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. Chronic liver diseases and cirrhosis.

I'm a chronic liver patient and quite overweight. The GP told me that lean people are healthier. I'm not convinced he's right.

Let's get some order in what your doctor probably tried to explain. The conclusion is that it is difficult to draw unequivocal conclusions! This is a general answer, correct for everyone, not necessarily for patients with chronic liver diseases.

Healthy people usually maintain the optimal weight for their body structure. (They are not necessarily thin.) Obese people are often unhealthy, such as being overweight due to an unhealthy lifestyle and poor nutrition. Medium overweight regarding their age (who are a large part of the population), are not necessarily healthy but are also not necessarily sicker than others. Thin people are also not necessarily healthier than overweight people. Good health is a combined result of lifestyle, environment, nutrition, and genetics.

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree