Most people are not aware that acupuncture is an energetic therapy that can balance the Qi life-force energy. The tiny needles allow energy flow.
Many people are unaware that acupuncture balances and rehabilitates the blocked life-force energy flow. Thus making it an energy treatment rather than a purely biological treatment. The photo was taken in a traditional Chinese medicine hospital where I received hundreds of painful acupuncture over 13 years.
To what depth does the needle come in?
- The needle penetrates the skin only about 2-3 mm.
What is the needle made of?
- The needles are made of stainless steel. Silver needles (excellent conductors) are sometimes used to reduce pain.
Can acupuncture cause bleeding?
- Acupuncture does not cause bleeding; a small drop of blood may sometimes appear.
Is the pain a result of the stabbing? What type of pain can you expect?
- The pain is not due to the stab; the needle is thin and does not cause pain.
- The pain can be sharp, temporary, or similar to a mild electric shock. (The pains vary from person to person.)
- For most people, acupuncture is more painful in the legs and hands than in the abdomen, chest, or back.
Why is acupuncture sometimes painful, and what does it reflect?
- Painful acupuncture does not mean an unprofessional therapist; on the contrary, it needs accuracy and skill to insert the needles into the exact location & combinations. Pain reflects successful treatment; the pain comes from entering the life-force energy (Qi) into the blocked meridian.
Continue reading: Acupuncture Balances the Body's Life-force (qi) Energy.