Discussion: We are not old, but my husband is sick with IGA nephropathy and not sexually functioning. What am I supposed to do?

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. All autoimmune diseases.

We are not old, but my husband is sick with IGA nephropathy and not sexually functioning. What am I supposed to do?

Unfortunately, coping with a spouse's long-term illness is common in the modern age. The question of how to behave with a sick spouse is a question that few talk about.

Living with a spouse who suffers from a prolonged chronic illness is the ultimate test of any relationship, not just sexuality. Chronic diseases usually intensify the relationship, positive or negative. Some couples strengthen their bond during sickness, but other relationships may not survive. The decision to stay together is a joint decision between the two partners, but the healthy spouse must not feel they are making a painful sacrifice.

Many years ago, a naturopathic therapist told me that if the emotional connection between the couple before the prolonged outbreak of the disease were excellent, the relationship would only deepen. And if the bond weren't proper, it probably wouldn't survive either! (I'm not an expert in the field; I believe she was right.)

Prolonged betrayal of the healthy spouse is not only sexual but emotional abandonment!
The sick spouse, usually aware of the infidelity, sometimes consciously ignores it to avoid conflict with the spouse "doing him or her a favor" by staying with them. But the patient pays for it an energetic price of "humiliation" and a feeling of inferiority.

As a severe chronic Liver-kidney patient, after many years of struggling with survival, including prolonged treatments in China, I no longer felt any emotional connection between my wife and me, only an economic relationship. I realized that I had to end a long marriage despite the difficulties. The decision is, of course, individual, as everyone is in a different situation.

Link: Improving sexual function In chronic patients and the disabled.
https://www.sf-healing.com/page/224 (Copy & Paste)

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree