Discussion: CT, FibroScan and MRI - My experience and recommendations regarding chronic liver patients.

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. Chronic liver diseases and cirrhosis.

CT, FibroScan and MRI - My experience and recommendations regarding chronic liver patients.

I conclude that symptomatic patients with chronic liver disease are most often in a state of deterioration where their liver has passed the point of no return and cannot rehabilitate itself spontaneously. This is in survival mode!

Transient elastography, known by its brand name FibroScan, is a non-invasive test to determine the amount of liver fibrosis present. It also detects and quantifies steatosis by simultaneously using a Controlled Attenuation Parameter (CAP). It is a type of elastography.

CT scan showed I have dozens of liver cysts of different sizes. My Fibroscan tests (before the Interferon + Ribavirin treatment) showed values of 11.6. Fibroscan test results indicated medium to high levels of fibrosis scar tissue. In my case, I also had abdomen swelling. After several years, my FibroScan showed decreased levels of scar tissue even though my symptoms worsened.

A few years later, when my quality of life was terrible, I insisted on performing an MRI scan. (Self-financing) The scan showed visually that my liver was obstructed entirely. The photo gallery is proof.
Unfortunately, most people do not understand the medical terms used by professionals. (Including me.)

The main conclusion was I do not have liver cancer. But about my overall liver condition? I could not get a proper evaluation. Symptomatic chronic liver patients with many cysts are probably in a phase that does not enable spontaneous liver regeneration. (Due to bad blood and bile circulation and low Qi flow.) Unfortunately, it means that patients with severe liver complications who do not receive liver transplants or self-healing treatments live on borrowed time in many cases.
May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree