Discussion: My wife (57) had a six-month battle with quitting smoking. She gained a little weight and was nervous and tense, but it was worth it all. (True story)

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. Addictions – Alcohol and Smoking detoxification methodology.

My wife (57) had a six-month battle with quitting smoking. She gained a little weight and was nervous and tense, but it was worth it all. (True story)

China has some of the highest smoking rates in the world. Alixin started smoking at a relatively old age after being solicited to smoke. She smoked 10-15 cigarettes daily but was addicted in every way. We had to stop suddenly for a cigarette break. Otherwise, she wouldn't have functioned! Alixin's brother (my wife) got lung cancer (after smoking for about 30 years), and she suffers from worsening permanent dental problems. With my encouragement, she underwent rehab that lasted about 6 months. If she is offered cigarettes today (very common in China), she puts the cigarette in her mouth but does not light it. She told me that she also smokes a single cigarette with friends occasionally but noticed that she was no longer addicted. I supported her, knowing she was nervous and stressed about the lengthy withdrawal process. She finally returned to her previous weight, and I am happy for her.

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree