Discussion: Scraping anti-inflammatory therapy. (Chinese Gua-sha.)

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. Self-healing and alternative natural therapies.

Scraping anti-inflammatory therapy. (Chinese Gua-sha.)

The scraping technique (Gua sha) is often used in Chinese traditional medicine hospitals, clinics, and many massage places. The treatment is done by scrubbing the skin using an animal's horn or polished and smooth hard stone.
Frequently, treatment is combined with cupping. The scrubbing operation is usually performed on the back, limbs, and chest. The therapist lubricates the area (to prevent friction wounds) and performs controlled pressure operations with elongated movements. The treatment is unpleasant and sometimes involves slight pain. I have performed the scraping treatment dozens of times with no side effects; the signs usually disappear that day or the next day. According to the explanations I received, this treatment has no side effects. The purpose of treatment (according to the Chinese version) is to strengthen the immune system by removing excess moisture. To my understanding, scrubbing the skin over large areas creates slight surface bleeding. Scraping diverts inflammations (like cupping) from essential internal organs to the skin surface, thus helping them heal faster.

Link: TCM: Cupping, Scraping, Ginger Therapy, Medicinal Leeches.
https://www.sf-healing.com/page/137 (Copy & Paste)
May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree