Discussion: My attending physician prescribed me prednisone following severe inflammatory symptoms. I did feel a significant relief when I was taking the drug, but my condition worsened considerably when I stopped.

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. The philosophy of cancer. (All types)

My attending physician prescribed me prednisone following severe inflammatory symptoms. I did feel a significant relief when I was taking the drug, but my condition worsened considerably when I stopped.

Most importantly - steroids cannot cure cancer! It only temporarily suppresses the symptoms at the painful cost of sustained damage to the immune system. (The author is not a doctor; the information is provided as general information.)

Prednisone is a synthetic corticosteroid hormone that mimics the action of the natural hormone cortisol, which is secreted when needed by the adrenal gland. The hormone prednisone suppresses the immune system's activity and thus contributes to improving the various inflammatory symptoms. Medicine makes extensive use of steroids in a wide variety of medical conditions. (Autoimmune diseases, cancer, transplant patients, COPD, and many inflammatory diseases, including COVID-19.) However, steroids have severe side effects from prolonged use.

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree