Discussion: I am a yeshiva student from an ultra-orthodox and very conservative home. (My father is a rabbi and a familiar figure) My parents know I'm gay and want to marry me to a nice religious girl. I'm wondering what to do.

1. Home
  2. FORUMS (TWENTY-ONE TITLES)
  3. Sexual identities and orientations unifying theory. (Explains LGBT)

I am a yeshiva student from an ultra-orthodox and very conservative home. (My father is a rabbi and a familiar figure) My parents know I'm gay and want to marry me to a nice religious girl. I'm wondering what to do.

Your social and environmental pressure is understandable and clear. However, the intended girl probably does not know that you are gay. The exposure and even consultation may create a disconnect between your family and your community. Try to meet the intended girl and imply that she is making a significant concession for you because she will not live a complete life. She will probably have to hide the truth for many years to come. Keep in mind that the reaction may be unexpected. The truth has many advantages, even when it is harrowing! You may have to coordinate with the girl positions and devise a convincing excuse that will not reveal the secret but will cancel the marriage.

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree