Discussion: Are there any tests that answer the question of whether I went through the point of no return where the liver continues to deteriorate even though I have stopped drinking alcoholic beverages completely?

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. Addictions – Alcohol and Smoking detoxification methodology.

Are there any tests that answer the question of whether I went through the point of no return where the liver continues to deteriorate even though I have stopped drinking alcoholic beverages completely?

In liver cirrhotic patients at various stages, the answer is almost certainly that the liver can no longer perform a spontaneous regeneration of itself. The answer is usually not unequivocal in milder patients, although assessments based on blood tests, MRI, CT, Fibroscan, etc., can be performed. If the disease symptoms worsen over a long period (mainly weakness, inflammation in various body areas, gas, nail fungus, and vaginal fungus in women), the liver condition probably deteriorates. It is important to note that there are ups and downs even in liver rehabilitation, but the trend line is clear. Since the test results usually do not provide an unequivocal answer, you must ask the attending physician.
May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree