Discussion: I am a 40-year-old woman who smokes a lot. I want to lose weight fast. A dietitian recommended me the ketogenic diet based on an increased intake of fats and proteins and minimal carbohydrates. Do you recommend this diet?

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. Addictions – Alcohol and Smoking detoxification methodology.

I am a 40-year-old woman who smokes a lot. I want to lose weight fast. A dietitian recommended me the ketogenic diet based on an increased intake of fats and proteins and minimal carbohydrates. Do you recommend this diet?

The diet's name is derived from "ketones." Ketones are an energy source byproduct of the breakdown of fats.
The ketogenic diet was initially used to treat children with epilepsy. In recent years, the ketogenic diet has gained tremendous momentum as an effective weight-loss diet. The question is whether it is a healthy long-term diet.

The ketogenic diet is not recommended in the long term. Listed below are the main reasons:

Fats and proteins can produce vital energy for a body, but this comes at the cost of a heavy load on the kidneys and liver, which are forced to remove decomposition products such as ammonia, uric acids, urea, and ketones.
Potential side effects may include constipation, high cholesterol, growth slowing, acidosis, and kidney stones.
We also eat through the eyes, with 75% of the calories from fats and oils. The volume of the food looks low compared to carbohydrate foods.
A ketogenic menu usually contains very high amounts of animal foods that are primarily industrialized. (Meat, fish, dairy products, eggs.)
Industrialized and processed foods have far-reaching adverse effects on the human body, including diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, etc.
Some foods in the ketogenic diet contain trans fats, which create high body toxicity.
Reducing the variety of foods consumed does not allow the body to get all the nutrients it needs (Antioxidants, minerals, enzymes, electrolytes).
The ketogenic diet mimics starvation, initially achieving a significant weight loss, subsequently inhibited.

Link: Why do many weight loss diets fail in the long run?
https://www.sf-healing.com/page/214 (Copy & Paste)

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree