Discussion: My attending physician prescribed me prednisone following severe inflammatory symptoms. I felt significant relief when taking the drug, but my migraines worsened considerably when I stopped.

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. Migraines are unbearable pain.

My attending physician prescribed me prednisone following severe inflammatory symptoms. I felt significant relief when taking the drug, but my migraines worsened considerably when I stopped.

Corticosteroids moderate the inflammatory response of migraines and reduce pain but at the painful cost of weakening the immune system and numerous side effects with prolonged use.

Prednisolone is a synthetic corticosteroid hormone that mimics the natural hormone cortisol action, secreted by the adrenal gland when needed. The hormone prednisone suppresses the immune system's activity and thus contributes to improving the various inflammatory symptoms. Medicine makes extensive use of steroids in a wide variety of medical conditions. (Autoimmune diseases, cancer, transplant patients, Migraines, and a wide range of inflammatory diseases) However, steroids have severe side effects in prolonged use. Most importantly - steroids do not cure Migraines! They only temporarily suppress the symptoms at the painful cost of sustained damage to the immune system.

Link: Alleviation of Migraine pain by Self-Healing Natural Medicine.
https://www.sf-healing.com/page/125 (Copy & Paste)

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree