Painkillers block the pain without curing the inflammation that causes the pain.
Why do steroids reduce the intensity of pain?
- Steroids secreted from the adrenal gland reduce the body's inflammatory response. At the same time, with prolonged use, steroids cause a weakening of the immune system and many side effects.
If nothing hurts me, a sign that I am healthy?
- The answer is not necessarily. Damage to cells at low intensity often does not reach the threshold that requires an alarm! (Pain)
Is chronic pain a sign that I still have tissue damage?
- Usually, the answer is "Yes."
If the chronic pain intensity increased, was it a sign that my health condition had worsened?
- If the pain intensity has increased significantly over time, and there have been no other (mental) changes, the answer is probably "Yes."
I have intermittent pain; what does this imply?
- Intermittent pain may indicate an unstable immune system. The difficulty is in locating the causes of the phenomenon. (Nutrition, physical and mental lifestyle)
Continue reading: Subjective pain scale and how determine the objective pain level.