The body's primary defense mechanism is the immune system; a weak immune system exposes the body to chronic disease and cancer—the main difficulty in applying the principles of healthy living in a modern world without free time.
Immune system rehabilitation must integrate the body, mind, and spirit.
- We usually tend to run to the medicine cabinet as soon as we have a fever or symptoms of inflammation. Usually, no medication is needed to recover. Grandmother's remedies, such as tea, soup, and a balanced diet with rest, are effective without side effects.
Mental, Behavioral & Spiritual: (Often underestimated)
- Lifestyle changes, with more relaxation and sleep.
- Mental & spiritual enhancement to restore Qi life-force energy.
- Strengthening positive emotions and faith.
- Releasing Non-resolved stressful events from the past. (Using licensed hypnotherapist or other techniques such as meditation or Tai Chi.)
- Start your morning by drinking one cup of squeezed lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water. (It is even better if you add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar + one tablespoon of olive oil.)
- Eating & drinking a large balanced variety of unprocessed foods & beverages helps initiate the body's natural regeneration process.
- Mechanical detoxification. (By unblocking and cleansing the liver & kidneys.)
- Exercise and massage to improve blood & lymphatic circulation.
- Controlled sun-baths. (Essential for proper physiology.)
- Acupuncture can restore the life-force energy flow and relieve pain.
- Avoiding long-term use of pharmaceutical drugs. Preferably herbal supplements and antioxidants (as little as possible) to restore the body's balance and deficiencies.
Lifestyle & Environmental. (Often, it is not possible to change the environment in the short term)
- Comfortable living in a non-humid or polluted environment. The quality of housing and a comfortable environment has both a moral and psychological impact.
- Avoiding sharp temperature changes usually requires heating in cold places. (Sharp fluctuations in temperature affect the immune system)
Continue reading the entire article: Self-Healing Functional Medicine – Main principles and guidelines.