Discussion: I am a COPD patient man 60 years old. I am desperate for all the medications I am taking. I am unable to be disciplined when it comes to lifestyle and healthy eating. Am I as weak in character as my wife claims?

1. Home
  2. FORUMS (TWENTY-ONE TITLES)
  3. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (COPD)

I am a COPD patient man 60 years old. I am desperate for all the medications I am taking. I am unable to be disciplined when it comes to lifestyle and healthy eating. Am I as weak in character as my wife claims?

Discipline is not only a question of personality but also concerns the question of HOPE. People who are hopeless about recovery get into a depression that takes away the required energies from them. Willpower, discipline, and perseverance are qualities needed for recovery from chronic diseases, but without HOPE and ACCEPTANCE, it is almost impossible to recover from chronic diseases. I recommend that chronic patients review the Kubler-Ross, also called the grief Model. It is important to internalize that a chronic illness is mourning for the suffering patient.

Link: Kübler-Ross model | Explains the behavior of personal loss.
https://www.sf-healing.com/page/114 (Copy & Paste)

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree