Discussion: I am a 40-year-old obese woman and want to lose weight fast. A dietitian recommended me the ketogenic diet based on increased intake of fats and proteins and minimal carbohydrates. Do you recommend this diet?

1. Home
  2. FORUMS (TWENTY-ONE TITLES)
  3. Addictions – Food and eating withdrawal methodology.

I am a 40-year-old obese woman and want to lose weight fast. A dietitian recommended me the ketogenic diet based on increased intake of fats and proteins and minimal carbohydrates. Do you recommend this diet?

For food and eating people with an addiction, I recommend starting with the mental-energetic dimension. Diet without detoxing from the addiction - is ineffective!

The name of the diet is derived from the "ketones." Ketones are a byproduct of the breakdown of fats as an energy source.
The ketogenic diet was initially used to treat children with epilepsy. It has gained tremendous momentum in recent years as an effective weight-loss diet. The question is whether it is a healthy long-term diet.

The ketogenic diet is not recommended in the long term. Listed below are the main reasons:

The production of vital energy for a body of fats and proteins is possible but at the cost of a heavy load on the kidneys and liver that are forced to remove the decomposition products such as ammonia, uric acids, urea, and ketones.
Potential side effects may include constipation, high cholesterol, growth slowing, acidosis, and kidney stones.
We also eat through the eyes, with 75% of the calories from fats and oils. The volume of the food looks low compared to carbohydrate foods.
A ketogenic menu usually contains very high amounts of animal foods that are primarily industrialized. (Meat, fish, dairy products, eggs.)
Industrialized and processed foods have far-reaching adverse effects on the human body, including diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, etc.
Some foods in the ketogenic diet contain trans fats, which create high body toxicity.
Reducing the variety of consumed foods does not let the body get all the nutrients it needs. (Antioxidants, minerals, enzymes, electrolytes.)
The ketogenic diet mimics starvation, initially achieving significant weight loss but subsequently inhibited.

Link: Why do many weight loss diets fail in the long run?
https://www.sf-healing.com/page/214 (Copy & Paste)
May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree