Discussion: My eldest daughter is 14 years old, she looks like a mature woman, she has a regular boyfriend, and she came to ask me for birth control pills. I'm undecided, and my husband claims it's too early.

1. Home
  2. FORUMS
  3. Relationship, sexual behavior, and functioning.

My eldest daughter is 14 years old, she looks like a mature woman, she has a regular boyfriend, and she came to ask me for birth control pills. I'm undecided, and my husband claims it's too early.

Only you and your daughter know the answer to the question you raised. It is essential to be open and listen; it is also allowed to refuse, but it is also vital to give logical reasons. Otherwise, the result will be the opposite of what is expected.

The question you raised is an almost universal that virtually any parent (especially girls' parents) has asked themselves. (Including me at the time) The answer depends not only on the girl's chronological age but also and especially on the question of emotional maturity. The girl needs to see a love affair, not just a sexual relationship (even if it is not eternal). A girl who comes to ask for contraception from her mother feels confident in her parents! This is an essential message to parents. The alternative is to have sex without contraception or other means, without the parents' knowledge, sometimes even getting into an unplanned pregnancy.

May interest you:
Add New Post
WhatsApp
We use cookies to improve the user experience on the site. Learn moreI Agree